This holiday season #shoplocal #shopsmall #shopwavl
Whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Chanukah, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, or Giftmas, we encourage you to buy presents from the shops right here in West Asheville. There are plenty of small shops on Haywood Road that will have something perfect for all of your loved ones. Below is a starting guide to #shopwavl this season. For an ongoing list, please see our Facebook page, check under events!
- Essential Journey’s Holiday Soap Sale. For thoughtful and unique gifts, stop by Essential Journey’s shop at 77 Vermont Avenue for their open studio annual event. Buy soaps, lip balms, lotions, and body butters to pamper everyone you love this season. More details.
- Pottery Pop-Up. On the corner of Amboy Road and State Street is the Asheville Food Park, which is often home to one-time-only events. This time, check out pottery from local artisans that will make great gifts for everyone on your list. More details.
- Francine Delaney Craft Fair. The Francine Delaney New School for Children on Brevard Road hosts their annual craft fair. Support local crafters and find one-of-a-kind gifts. More details.
- Printer’s Row Pop-Up. 7 Ton Co. and Woolly Press cordially invite you to their event at 178 Westwood Place. They’re opening the studios up for one day only so you can buy ceramics, glass, jewelry and more direct from the designers. More details.
- Craft Fair of Unusual Size. Technically a two day event spanning Saturday, December 10 and Sunday, December 11, Firestorm Books & Coffee hosts this appropriately named huge pop-up event for local artists and crafters. Stop by either day, 11AM – 7PM.
- Holiday Fashion and Craft Bazaar. The Asheville Food Park is hosting another event, this time featuring mobile boutiques, handmade jewelry and accessories. More details.
- Santa at the Westville Pub. Not strictly a shopping event, but the Westville Pub on Haywood Road is hosting their annual visit from Santa from 1PM-5PM. The event is pretty self-explanatory – bring your camera and snap a photo with Santa. There will be kids, Santa, smiles and potential crying. Don’t miss out!
- Last Minute Market. If you haven’t finished all of your holiday shopping by the 18th, it may be time to visit the Last Minute Market at the Gray Eagle. The event costs $2 for admission. More details.
- WABA Holiday Wrap Party. The West Asheville Business Association’s annual holiday gathering will be held at Urban Orchard Cider Co. from 6PM-8PM. AshevilleFM volunteers will be on hand to wrap your gifts while you enjoy toasting in the holidays. Open to the public, this popular event is a chance to win door prizes and cheer for the winners of the Holiday Window Decorating Contest. More details.
Multiple Day Events
Popular West Asheville business, Orbit DVD brings back their weekend series of special sales. Each weekend focuses on a different topic. December 2-4: movies; December 9-11: video games & consoles; December 16-18: comics, books and toys. Orbit DVD will be adding stock throughout, so it is worth getting by any of the days!
New to West Asheville, Studio Three, located at 428A Haywood Road, will be holding an open house on December 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for their ‘Tis the Season holiday event. Neighboring business, Whist, Second Gear, Flora, The Circle, and BookWorks will also be participating. You’re sure to find fun stocking stuffers and other creative ideas in this group.
The West Asheville Tailgate Market will be open Tuesdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas from 2:30PM-6:00PM. What’s better is that they’ve moved across the street into the Mothlight for their annual indoor holiday market so you’ll be warm and can grab a tasty beverage while you shop. Seasonal items and plenty of gifts to be had.
JennyThreads Studio will be hosting their 7th Annual Print-Your-Own party on December 10th and December 17th. Bring your own tees, tanks, totes, etc. on which to print. $6 per item to print includes all materials, assistance, and use of their image library. Create unique gifts and support two local charities: Girls on the Run of WNC and Appalachian Wildlife Refuge. More details.
The Third Annual East West Asheville Pop-Up Shop will be open for 10 days, December 8th through December 17th, inside the East West Venue & Vintage Rentals, located at 278 Haywood Road. With 75+ talented makers and collectors participating in this pop-up, you’ll find plenty of choices for handmade and vintage items that will make excellent gifts for friends and family. Rumor has it that Santa is stopping by as well. More details.
Thanks for shopping in West Asheville!
We’ll keep adding to this list as we hear of other happenings on our Facebook page.
Share this article to...