After a hiatus of a few years, the West Asheville Business Association (WABA) is bringing back the Holiday Window Decorating Contest. Yeah, we love to see shops and restaurants all snazzed-up for the holidays.
And whether you celebrate Kwanzaa or Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati or Tom Bawcock’s Eve, Christmas or Solstice, Festivus or Christmasween, everyone knows that the twinkle of lights and the sparkle of tinsel brighten and warm our hearts when the nights are growing long and cold. You are invited to join the in celebrating the holidays with a fun and festive Window Decorating Contest! It’s free to enter, and the winners will be cascaded with prizes, showered with prestige, and undulated with adoration!
1) To be eligible, your business, school, or organization must be located in West Asheville (West of the French Broad River, inside City Limits) and your windows must be visible from a public street. You do not need to be a member of WABA to participate.
2) You must fill out this form to enter: http://west-asheville.com/holiday-window-decorating-contest/
3) You must have your window decorations up by end of the day on Monday, December 1, 2014.
4) You must leave your decorations up until at least December 14.
Our judges include a celebrity panel of West Ashevillains:
- Dr. Gordon Grant, Principal of Hall Fletcher Elementary
- Hosea Jackson, Proprietor at HAYWOOD LOUNGE
- City Councilman Gordon Smith
- Sky Clean Inc. Owner Heather Brooks
- Terra Marshall, Proprietress at Beauty Parade
Winning windows will be announced at our Shop West Asheville Wrap Party the evening of December 13, 2014 at Urban Orchard. As previously stated, winners will receive Riches, Status, and gift certificates beyond measure!
Join the West Asheville Business Association here (only $50/year): http://west-asheville.com/membership/Share this article to...