Participate in the 2016 West Asheville Holiday Decorating Contest.
Any business or organization located in West Asheville is welcome to participate.
- Tell us you are participating – fill in the simple form below (by December 4, please, so we can include you in the online voting)
- Decorate your window
- Wave to the judges as they make their rounds (sometime between December 5-18, even we don’t know exactly when)
- Encourage your customers, friends, and family to participate in online voting for the Community Choice Award (link posted December 5)
- Attend the Holiday Wrap Party on Sunday, December 18, 6-8pm, at Urban Orchard Cider Company, where we’ll give out prizes and celebrate
Prizes Awarded at the Holiday Wrap Party, December 18, in the following categories:
2015 winners: tie between The Barleycorn and Sunny Point Café
Best Use of Natural Materials
2015 winner: Jennythreads
2015 winner: The Hop West
Best Use of Recycled/Repurposed Materials
2015 winner: Second Gear
Best Display of Store Merchandise
2015 winners: tie between The Littlest Birds and Whist
Most Traditional Feel
2015 winner: Saniway Vacuum Cleaner Company
2015 winner: Union Hill Salon
Most Creative Decorations
New category suggested by last year’s judges.
View last year’s winning windows – click here.
Online voting will determine the Community Choice Award.
Community Choice Award
2015 winner: Buffalo Nickel
The winning location takes custody of the “W” trophy, custom made by metal artist Chukk Bruursema!
- Have fun with it.
- Don’t stress over going all out or not having time to do some crazy animated display you saw online. Really, simple is just fine.
- Decorations should be visible from the sidewalk/street.
- Lighting, so your window can be viewed after hours, is encouraged.
- We recommend you have your window ready by December 4, but no worries if you miss that by a couple days. Keep us in the loop, so we can let the judges know when your window is ready.
- Encourage your staff to come to the Wrap Party on Sunday, December 18, 6-8pm so we can celebrate together.