WELCOME to Silver River Center for Chair Caning
We are located at CURVE Studios & Garden in the River Arts District of Asheville, NC. Free parking on-site.
The nation’s only chair caning school & museum is operated by Brandy Clements & Dave Klingler, two chair nerds on a mission to revive a “dying art.” Silver River Chairs is a must see on your trip to Asheville, or for locals exploring the art scene. Its an experiential education opportunity for all ages.
At SRCCC VISITORS CAN:
- See daily demonstrations on an incredible variety of chairs with woven seats.
- Take a self-guided tour of our museum.
Learn about the material, history, and process of 8 styles of chair caning.
A permanent collection of historical chairs is on display as well as a rotating exhibits.
- Take classes from beginner levels to advanced tutorials.
- Hang out in the reference library and lounge and read about the ancient and global tradition of chair caning.
- Bring your family heirloom in for restoration by our seat weaving experts.
- Donate your chair for student practice at reduced cost of repair.
- Purchase restored chairs for sale in our chair shop.
- Get advice on your chairs.
- Quickly become total chair nerds.
school • restorations • museum • shop